Here I list a number of things that I believe are instrumental to hair growth, well my hair growth. I am not very diligent in my water consumption and I am trying to do better, but I still advocate it as a contributing factor to healthy hair. I am relaxed, but I believe that these practices transcend hair types. Try and see how it works out for you.
1. Wash hair and deep condition regularly (say once a week)
2. Minimise heat used on your hair (air dry, minimise flat iron use)
3. Low manipulation - don't comb your hair through everyday!
4. Moisturise and seal regularly - as needed (listen to your hair)
5. Stretch relaxers - wait at least 10 weeks between chemical services