Thursday 19 September 2013

Why I'm Not Retaining Length

I think I've figured it out.  I have not been doing the protective styles that my hair loves.  I have returned to the products and method of hair-care that I used, but not the styles.  At the start of my hair journey, I would put my hair in braids at least once every 4 months (usually when my new growth got too much to handle), and with each relaxer I would see some length retention.  I think I am gonna go back to protective styling in the form of braids, and probably try a weave too.  I just can't figure out why else I've not retained length.  So I have a wedding to attend at the end of the month, so I'll put in the braids the week after and see if I can keep them in until my birthday in November (we'll see)

If this is not the reason I'm not retaining length, then I will have to go back to the drawing board to try and figure this out.  Wish me well!!!

As a side-note, my 'satin' scrunchies arrived today... however, it says '100% polyester' - go figure! lol.  I've noticed that the hairbands that I use, although they are ouch-less, they do sometimes drag out my hair too when I'm removing them, so I ordered these on Amazon, to see if they would help with that problem.  Lets see how they work.

4 comments:

  1. Buena Suerte chica! If it worked before---I don't see why it wouldn't work again.

    KLP @ SavingOurStrands

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the braids, am going to try out braid PS too this time round!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really think that long term protective styling is the way I best retain length. Keep us updated on what you do.

      Delete

What do you think?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...